Organisation University College (1936 - )


Established to provide a college for women with equal status to the four men's residential colleges it was initially known as the University Women's College. By an Act of Parliament, the provisional committee of the University Women's College was granted five and a quarter acres of land and the foundation stone was laid in 1936. The college was originally known as University Women's College, but changed its name to University College in 1975 when it became co-educational.

Related Administrative Units

Published Resources

Online Resources

Sources used to compile this entry:

Prepared by: Alannah Croom