Organisation St Mary's College (1918 - )


In 1918 St Mary's Hall opened in a house in the Avenue Parkville and affiliated to Newman College, becoming the first Catholic residential hall for women in an Australian University. In 1966 a new separate college was built in Swanston Street, and renamed St Mary's College with direct affiliation to the University. In 1977 the college become coeducational.

St Mary's College was known as St Mary's Hall from 1918 until 1966.

Related Administrative Units

Related Organisations

Prepared by: Alannah Croom