Organisation St Hilda's College (1964 - )

April 1964

St Hilda's College is built on land originally belonging to Queens College. From the opening of Queen's College in 1888 it had been envisaged that a hostel for Methodist and Presbyterian women heading to Melbourne for tertiary study would be built. The College was opened in April 1964, and in 1973 became for first University of Melbourne College to become co-educational. The College is named after St Hilda, who established a co-educational learning community in seventh century Britain.

Related Administrative Units

Related Organisations

Sources used to compile this entry: