Administrative Unit School of Graduate Studies (1994 - 2007)


The Melbourne School of Graduate Studies was opened in the historic 1888 Building in 1994 by Prime Minister Paul Keating. Professor Lee White was the first dean of the School.

In 2007, under the Melbourne Model, the School of Graduate Studies was renamed the Melbourne School of Graduate Research in order 'to emphasise the University's commitment to research training and the School's important contributions to quality research training for all students.'

Related People

Published Resources

Newspaper Articles

  • Painter, Joanne, 'Historic building houses new uni graduate centre', Age, 19 April 1994, p. 17. Details

Online Resources

Sources used to compile this entry: Annual Report, University of Melbourne Calendar 2007, The University of Melbourne, Lancre, 2007,